- Consume no products that contain high-fructose corn syrup.
- Purchase no food products with health claims or deceptive wording on the packaging.
- Feed my dogs more whole foods along with their no by-product, artificial flavor/color, etc.
- Plant only organic vegetables this spring and save the seeds. (Monsanto can kiss off!)
- Read at least 6 books correlating the food and health issues of the 21st Century.
This doesn't seem like near enough in the overall scope of our food and health crisis, but they are my 5 things and I will own them. These new resolutions will add to the other things I already do for myself, others, and the planet. Just "one thing" is not enough, but it is a good starting point. We all move at different speeds and take different paths even when traveling to the same destination. Remember to enjoy the journey and bring a friend along for the ride.
Feel free to join me in any of these resolutions, even if only for a season or shorter period of time. I would love for you to share your thoughts and ideas. What are you resolving to do in 2010?